Light Reconnaissance car. Based the Standard 14 saloon
it has a double reduction back axle to enable its 45
BHP to drag around the 2.25 tons. They were named after
Lord Beaverbrook. On May 30, 1943 the Armoured car Flight
of 2829 Field sqn equipped with The Beaverette claimed
to have shot 6 enemy aircraft at Torquay. This particular
vehicle was used by the 5th Division probably during
1942 as their markings were found on it during restoration.
After the war it was sold to Eire where the turret and
roof were cut off for use as a Scout Car.